JOB TITLE: PAL COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: PAL DIRECTOR
- Day to day management and oversight of all programs offered through the PAL Center.
- Planning and implementation of developmentally appropriate activities for parents and children.
- On-site facilitation of activities at the PAL Center, including guidance, support/ information sharing, and one-on-one mentoring.
- Facilitate parent education programs.
- Conduct individualized parenting education and/or personal goal planning with parents.
- Work together with caseworkers to plan and implement strategies and goals for clients utilizing supervised visitation.
- Provide monthly paperwork, data collection, daily observations, and grant required paperwork to the FRC Director at the beginning of each month.
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of the Center.
- Prepare materials for activities and meals.
- Plan and implement special events.
- Engage all families in Center programs. Provide a warm and non-judgmental atmosphere.
- Role model effective positive parent/child communications and interactions.
- Facilitate educational and support programs and workshops scheduled at the PAL Center.
- Supervise volunteers and student interns. Assist FRC Director with new staff orientation and training.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, in-services, and professional trainings.
Areas of Expertise:
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of early childhood development, behavior management, other parenting education
- Knowledge of the community and human service programs.
- Working with “high risk” populations: [parents/children living at or near poverty level, those with cognitive limitations, low literacy, mental health issues, teen parents, or engaged in the foster care system].
- Experience working with parents and children
- 2 yr degree in social work, early childhood, health care or other human service field
- Able to work 2-3 evenings/week and occasional weekend special event
THE POSITION OF PAL COORDINATOR IS A FULL-TIME, NON-EXEMPT POSITION AND IS THEREFORE SUBJECT TO THE PROVISIONS OF THE FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT.